As a Big Brother or Big Sister, you can experience childhood again for a couple of hours a week. All you have to do is be a friend to a child in your community. Sharing every day experiences with a child is the premise on which Big Brothers Big Sisters of Danville Area is based. We have been transforming lives since 1973, and have developed several successful programs proven to make a BIG difference in the life of a child.
Becoming a Big is a fun and easy way to volunteer in your community. We have several program options that fit your schedule and interests.We also offer a variety of agency-planned activities for Bigs and Littles, like the Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake. In this section, learn about the different program options we offer, the application process and what to expect once you’ve become a Big.
- SIGN UP NOW
- Submit a Reference Form
- What’s Involved
- Match Stories
- Other Ways to Get Involved
- Transformations and Statistics
DO I QUALIFY?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Danville Area has specific requirements for our mentoring programs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a valid Virginia Drivers license.
- Have had no DUI within the past 2 years.
- Must be a resident of Danville or Pittsylvania County.
- Must have an interest in children ages 6-14.
- Are subject to a criminal background check and a Child Protective Services check.
- Must provide a minimum of three references.