Throughout the life of your child’s match, our professional staff will be in ongoing communication with you, your child, and your child’s Big. Our staff and your child’s Big, with your support, are committed to the healthy growth and development of your child. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Danville Area also provides child safety tips to you and your child. We welcome any questions and feedback.
Once the match is made, parents remain closely involved in several key ways, including:
- Approving match activities and supporting your child’s involvement
- Asking your child questions about the match meetings and reporting any concerns to the agency staff
- Regularly reporting back to the agency about your child’s progress and milestones in the match relationship (Big Brothers Big Sisters will contact you regularly, but we welcome your feedback at any time)
- Participating in training, in-person or online, on child safety offered by Big Brother Big Sisters staff
- Communicating with your child about the training he or she receives